Whether it be root growth or grey hair, there are several products that claim they will cover your roots temporarily. There are Colour Root Touch-Up & Highlight Pens that are sort of like sharpie markers; there are the built-in brush types with a gel that you paint on and let dry; loose powder types that are similar to powdered dry shampoo, with a brush for applying; and of course, root touch-up sprays.
Having a product to temporarily cover regrowth and roots is important to help prevent over-processing and further damage to both our natural hair and our hair extensions.
Root touch-up spray is also very useful for covering the scalp in extremely thin hair. It can make hair look thicker and help cover extension bonds if your hair is so thin that you can see the top of your bonds.
- Seconds to flawless roots
- No residue or stickiness
- Super convenient
- Lasts until your next shampoo
Price point: $9.99-$14.99
Where to buy: most drugstores and big box stores (Walmart)
- Light steady stream exactly where needed and nowhere else
- It is fast drying and stays put until you shampoo it out
- Contains NO:
Price point: $31.00
Where to buy: Sephora
- Quickly and easily conceals gray roots
- Delicately covers thinning patches
- Water, sweat, and stain resistant
Price Point: $9.99
Where to buy: beauty supply outlets like Sally’s